Below we have some printable/downloadable PDFs that you can take your time reading. We also have links to websites that can continue your education in Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea Self-Awareness Toolkit
- Oral Appliance Therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Oral Appliances for Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Review
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea Fact Sheet
- The Ins and Outs of Oral Appliance Therapy
- Snoring affects about 25% of women and as much as 40% of men.
- As much as 75% of people who snore have untreated sleep apnea.
- An estimated 20 million Americans are undiagnosed for their sleep apnea.
- Each year as many as 50,000 motor vehicle accidents occur due to drowsy driving as a side effect of untreated or undiagnosed sleep apnea.
- 38,000 people die each year from the effects of sleep apnea, including stroke, heart attack, etc.
- The cost of the resulting medical care is in excess of $1.9Billion per year.